Asuka lost some teeth after a kick to the face from Shayna Baszler on Monday Night Raw this month, but it appears that the botch may have had a bigger impact on Asuka than initially feared.
Writing in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer is reporting that the Raw Women’s Champion is dealing with a concussion right now, which is why she’s missed the last two episodes of Monday Night Raw.
Meltzer also revealed that while Asuka could be cleared next week, there is always a chance that the WWE medical team doesn’t let her back in the ring for a while, which puts her planned WrestleMania match with Charlotte Flair into question.
Asuka is out with a concussion from the kick by Shayna Baszler. The problem with a concussion is that she could be fine next week or she could not be cleared for a long time and you never know. There’s enough time left that she probably would be back for Mania but that’s not a sure thing. It’s tough because they counted on Ric Flair weekly for Raw through Mania and now Charlotte Flair’s second Mania direction has a chance of also being in jeopardy
For any potential updates on this story and the injury status of Asuka as we get closer to WrestleMania, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned