Speaking on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer has claimed that Randy Orton injured his shoulder during his match with Riddle on Monday Night Raw last night.
Randy Orton was originally supposed to face Braun Strowman on Raw, but WWE opted to have former WWE Champion face Riddle instead. The match, as previously mentioned, saw Orton injury himself:
“I don’t know the extent of what happened, but Randy Orton hurt his shoulder. He was fighting out of the corner and Riddle went to give him an exploder. Randy didn’t take an exploder. He blocked it and he pulled back and did this very dramatic punch and he punched him and then from that point forward he could no longer use his right arm. He was throwing forearms with his left arm, it looked horrible. It was like that one day when he punched the mat and his shoulder went out.”
At this time, there is no word on the severity of the injury that Randy Orton is believed to have suffered last night. Thankfully, he was able to finish his match without needing immediate medical attention.
For any potential updates on Randy Orton’s status following this “horrible” looking injury on Monday Night Raw last night, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
Thanks to Ringside News for the transcription.
- WWE Star Bayley’s Hilarious Reaction To ‘Bayley Is Hot’ Fan Sign
- WWE Star Unmasks & Swaps With Fan
- AEW Star Sends Heartfelt Message To WWE’s Nikki Cross
- CM Punk’s First Ever WWE Opponent Recalls Going Off Script In Match
- AEW Star Set For First Singles Match In Over Five Months
- Dominik Mysterio Shares Rare Heartwarming Moment With Fan At WWE Event
- New Feud For AEW Championship Revealed
- AEW Star Wears Protective Apparatus For First Match After Facial Injury
- AEW Star Dealing With Double Vision Issues
- Becky Lynch Reacts To Hilarious WWE & Fortnite Mash-Up