Braun Strowman has undergone a very impressive body transformation since his WWE debut in 2015. He is much leaner than he was, something he attributes to listening to his body.
Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Strowman revealed that he tore his meniscus at Survivor Series last year. He also noted that he was on his way to doing a bodybuilding show at the time, which was derailed by the injury. Here is the quote:
“I’m finally listening to my body. I used to be so worried about just getting big. I was on path to do a bodybuilding show until I tore my meniscus back at Survivor Series last year, and that put a damper on my cardio. A lot of this is mental, and I’m working to give people the absolute best I can.”
Braun Strowman missed a good chunk of time after the event, being written off television with a kayfabe suspension. He returned on the SmackDown before the Royal Rumble earlier this year and made his in-ring return in the match two days later.
Currently, Strowman is scheduled to compete at WrestleMania Backlash for the WWE Championship. He will face Drew McIntyre and WWE Champion Bobby Lashley in a Triple Threat match.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?