A stipulation match has been added to next week’s NXT. Timothy Thatcher and Tommaso Ciampa will take on the Grizzled Young Veterans in a Tornado Tag Match.
The Grizzled Young Veterans defeated August Grey and Ikemen Jiro on the show as Thatcher and Ciampa watched from ringside. After the match, the two teams shouted barbs at one another with Thatcher and Ciampa saying the Veterans wouldn’t get another title shot until they beat them.
Zack Gibson and James Drake then challenged Thatcher and Ciampa to a Tornado Tag Match.
The stipulation is not one WWE uses very often. The match will see both teams compete in the ring at the same time, eliminating the need for tags.
The two teams have been feuding on NXT since shortly after NXT Takeover Stand & Deliver. Neither has been able to challenge for the NXT Tag Team Championship but both teams have the titles in their sights.
This week’s NXT also featured the return of former NXT Women’s Champion Io Shirai. You can read more about that here.
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Real Reason For Britt Baker AEW Absence Revealed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- WWE Star Discussed As Roman Reigns WWE Royal Rumble 2024 Opponent Revealed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?