A new trademark filing has revealed just how last minute Bayley’s new stable was put together.
At SummerSlam 2022, Bayley made her return from injury alongside Dakota Kai and IYO SKY as a brand new stable.
On this week’s edition of WWE’s The Bump, Kai revealed that her return to the company was a last minute decision.
Per PWInsider, WWE filed a trademark on Io Shirai’s new ring name of IYO SKY on July 31, which was the day after SummerSlam on July 30.
While Bayley’s return was expected to be at SummerSlam prior to Triple H taking over creative duties, there were no concrete plans for her to actually appear on the show.
PWInsider also reported that Dakota Kai’s deal to return was put together quickly, but at the last minute as she did not travel to Nashville until the night before and was kept under the cover of darkness from everyone backstage inside a bus.
We will have further update on Bayley’s new group when they become available.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London