Zack Ryder has one of the most interesting journeys through WWE in recent years. One of the biggest moments of his career was at Survivor Series 2011. At the event, fans chanted for him over the match in the ring. Someone who apparently wasn’t impressed was Triple H.
“It’s almost a whole year of working my fucking ass off trying to get noticed. I wasn’t booked on the shows and the fans were chanting and bringing signs. I had somebody who would watch Raw and SmackDown, find a Zack Ryder sign, screenshot it, and put it on my show to entice people to bring signs. Finally, I think they had to put me on. It was Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison at Madison Square Garden. I do a run in and the people are going nuts.
I get to the curtain, Triple H is there and I’m like, ‘Finally, this is it. He’s going to say good job, kid. This is what I’ve been waiting for. How can you deny this?’ He pulls me aside and I had just gotten fresh blonde tips in my hair. And he goes, ‘Why’d you dye your hair?’ ‘What? Madison Square Garden is chanting my name and you’re asking me why I dyed my hair?’ I had been dying my hair for months, it was just a fresh job. That’s all that was said that night.”
Ryder did receive a bit of a push shortly afterward. However, that all disappeared when he was attacked by Kane and John Cena.
What do you think of this story? Let us know on Twitter!
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Another Big Sign NXT’s Santos Escobar Is Heading To Main Roster
- Update On Major AEW Stars’ Contract Lengths
- Another WWE Star Expected To Get Old Name Back
- Match Results From WWE WrestleMania 39 Launch Party
- Road Dogg Had ‘Serious Arguments’ With Vince McMahon About AJ Styles