Triple H has spoken to the media ahead of WWE Summerslam and reflected on the challenge of taking over creative so close to the show.
Regarding the challenge of sort of just picking up the ball in the middle of a play as it were, with creative changing hands so close to one of the marquee premium live events of the year, Triple H said:
“Yeah, that’s a challenge. Yeah. Believe me. I’ve spent half my time on the ground and half my time in the air in the last few days. We finished TV. We were home for a little bit, flew out here. My kids’ birthdays in the middle. We flew out here, came to day one of tryouts. When it was over, flew home, had meetings late into the night with our partners. We had a board meeting in the morning, flew back here yesterday afternoon, finished the last half of the tryout. I was working on the shows all night long and I’m not complaining about it. I love it and everybody here is working just as hard as I am. Like I said, it’s gonna take all of us to fill a big pair of shoes, but we’re hell bent on doing it.”
WWE SummerSlam is set to host a variety of big matchups, including Bianca Belair defending the WWE Raw Women’s Championship against an opponent desperate to regain it, Becky Lynch.
Elsewhere on the SummerSlam card, Theory vs. Bobby Lashley for the United States Championship, Liv Morgan defends her WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship against former champ Ronda Rousey and in the main event, Brock Lesnar will challenge Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Championship in a Last Man Standing match.
You can get all the details on WWE SummerSlam by clicking here.
Transcription via PWInsider
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism