WWE Chief Content Officer Paul Levesque (Triple H) has commented on WWE’s viewership, discussing tactics to increase ratings.
Triple H has now been officially in charge of WWE creative for nine full months, after taking over from Vince McMahon in late-July.
Reports have emerged recently of McMahon being involved in pre-show creative meetings remotely and ordering for some changes to plans.
During Wednesday’s (May 3) WWE Q1 2023 earnings call, Triple H was asked about what WWE has done to increase viewership.
Triple H noted that he believes WWE has assembled the right team across the board.
He praised the Performance Center, NIL program and international recruitment teams, as well as Kevin Dunn’s production team, noting that this group are unlike anything else in the world.
The CCO noted that WWE is focusing on character development, pointing the the Bloodline and Sami Zayn storyline as an example of a story that fans are engaged in.
He also explained that WWE is essentially planning things a year ahead and working backwards from those long-term plans.
CEO Nick Khan’s comments on Backlash during the call appeared to support previous reports about how much WWE is being paid to host the event in Puerto Rico, which you can read more about right here.
Prior to the call, it was reported that Vince McMahon’s recent pitches for Roman Reigns were ‘scoffed at’ by WWE creative.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan