Triple H has been making a lot of changes since becoming head of WWE’s creative team, and it looks like those changes will continue.
Not only has he brought in former stars like Johnny Gargano, Karrion Kross and Dexter Lumis, he’s also made big changes to WWE’s creative process in general.
Writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer has detailed just a couple of the changes Triple H has made since becoming the man in charge.
There were a few interesting notes during the show on changes in unspoken WWE rules. While never spoken of, WWE producers for years were told one of the secret rules is that an illegal person can’t successfully attack a legal person in a tag match without it being a DQ. You could do the five second double-team spot but if the illegal person attacked the legal person, it had to be with the referee down. In addition, what was a trope in WWE major matches 20 years ago, the pin spot where the face has it won but someone from outside the ring pulls the ref out of the ring at the count of two, breaking up the pin in a singles match, was barred by Vince McMahon because it makes no sense. Granted, almost everything in pro wrestling makes no sense. I actually agreed with that because even though it is an easy pop, it just looks stupid. But Paul Levesque has brought the spot back, and debuted Solo Sikoa with it, pulling the ref out of the ring at two after McIntyre hit the Claymore kick just before the main event finish.
These are far from the only changes Trips has made, with commentators and wrestlers now able to talk like humans again, and match quality increasing in general.
To keep up with all the Triple H news, click here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- Newly Signed AEW Star Gets First Official Shirt
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- Here’s What Saraya Had To Say During First AEW Promo
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- New Bout Announced For IMPACT Bound For Glory
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)