On last night’s (August 29) episode of WWE Raw, Aliyah and Raquel Rodriguez won the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship by defeating Dakota Kai and IYO SKY in the final of the women’s tag tournament.
While the finish of the match may be in doubt after the legal person was not pinned, what is not in doubt is that Triple H sees Raquel Rodriguez in particular as a big star of the future.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted the plan is for WWE to give Rodriguez a big push.
“They are trying to get Raquel Rodriguez over as a big star. That is one of the things that they are trying to do right now.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
The Women’s tag team title is Rodriguez’s first title since being called up to the main roster from NXT, where she was a dominant NXT Women’s Champion.
At 6ft 1ins, she quite literally stands head and shoulders above most women on the roster, so it’s hardly a shock to hear WWE see her as a potential future main roster talent.
And speaking of tall people, Raquel is currently dating former WWE star Braun Strowman, who is apparently being discussed for a potential WWE return.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers