Jon Moxley departed WWE due to his refusal to sign a new contract back in April 2019, and has since gone on to make waves in multiple promotions, such as All Elite Wrestling and New Japan Pro Wrestling.
However, despite leaving WWE, according to Moxley’s wife Renee Paquette on the Oral Sessions podcast, Triple H would still check up on Moxley even though he was wrestling for a rival promotion.
“Even when Jon left, there were times when Hunter would pull me aside because Jon was injured coming back from NJPW, and Hunter kept checking in to make sure he was okay and if we needed anything, they would have been able to help him in any capacity. It was nice to know the olive branch was still extended and it wasn’t that heat-seeking thing that everyone thinks it is. We’ve all spent so much time together and nothing bad went down,”
Paquette herself left WWE in August 2020 following the SummerSlam pay-per-view.
transcription via Fightful
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan
- Tony Khan Addresses Jeff Hardy Arrest & Jon Moxley Comparisons
- Here’s Why Jake Roberts Has Been Off AEW TV
- Bayley Provides Update On Injury Status