Triple H recently opened up about his long-term vision for WWE creative referring to a recent storyline as reaching “a whole new level.”
The WWE Chief Content Officer made his comments during the conference call that took place on May 4, setting his vision on how to increase the company’s viewership.
With WWE CEO Nick Khan stating that the Endeavor sale won’t affect WWE creative following the merger with UFC, Triple H would also discuss the creative process, saying:
“As far as what we’re focused on, we’re focused on character development. I think you see that across storylines where our fans are super engaged in the talent.
“Let’s take Sami Zayn and the Bloodline over the last, couple of years really, but especially in the last six to eight months, where that story and the character development has reached a whole new level. It has our fans invested and excited in the content like they haven’t been in a long time.
“For us, extending the planning of the event horizon. Looking out year over year, where we want to be next year and then back tracking from there, so that we’re always ahead of the curve and always thinking ahead.
“That allows us to have better planning and then it’s just trying new things and getting outside of a box of what we do and seeing what works and what doesn’t.
“I don’t consider something not working a failure, I consider it learning. Really excited about the future and where we can take all of this.”
Previously, Drew McIntyre has discussed his hope that WWE fans will see more “slow-burn” storytelling from the company.
Reports have emerged recently of McMahon being involved in pre-show creative meetings remotely and ordering for some changes to plans.
Transcript from cagesideseats.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Released WWE Star Refusing To Give ‘Championship’ Back
- Released WWE Star Says He Received High Praise From The Bloodline