Earlier today Triple H welcomed a media call ahead of NXT’s move to the USA Network starting this coming Wednesday.
Here are the main takeaway points from the call, covering NXT, NXT UK, 205 Live, and more.
- Triple H is more concerned with how NXT performs in the long run rather than focusing on early TV ratings
- He reiterates what he said previously in that 205 Live will fit under the NXT umbrella, which does not mean 205 Live itself is dying
- He also suggested the idea of the Cruiserweight Championship being defended on NXT TakeOver shows as part of this
- In a similar vein, he also mentioned that NXT UK talent will often cross over to NXT, though it may not be on a full-time basis
- When asked if a midcard title for NXT UK was in the works, he said there wasn’t
- NXT TakeOvers will continue under a different schedule rather than always being the night before a big WWE pay-per-view
- Triple H said that he gets a call every week from WWE main roster wrestlers who want to do something with NXT and/or NXT UK, and says they should see it as a viable alternative
- He also says the focus of the upcoming WWE Draft is very much Raw and SmackDown rather than it concerning NXT