This week on NXT, Tyler Rust made his in-ring debut for the gold brand.
Rust wrestled former NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa in a back-and-forth encounter, eventually falling to Ciampa’s ‘Widow’s Bell’ DDT. Despite coming up short, fans were impressed with NXT’s newest star.
One person who was definitely impressed was Triple H, who took to Twitter to praise Rust:
— Triple H (@TripleH) December 17, 2020
As the Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy and Development, The King of Kings is surrounded by ambitious athletes. Triple H singling out Rust for his star-making performance is very high praise indeed.
Formerly known as Rust Taylor, Rust has honed his skills around the world, competing in Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and New Japan Pro Wrestling rings.
Now he’s settled in NXT, 2021 could be the year that Tyler Rust becomes a star.
- Photo: Matt Riddle Shows Off New Look Amid WWE Return Rumors
- WWE Star Confirms Departure From The Company?
- WWE Star Urges Fans To Stop Complaining, Says He’s ‘Content’ With ‘Silly’ Gimmick
- Real Reason For ‘Last Minute’ Change To Ronda Rousey Title Plans
- Top WWE Raw Star To Make NXT Return On February 7 Episode
- Top Star Compares WWE To Succession TV Series
- Booker T Calls Current Star’s Performance “Oscar-Worthy”
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Breaks Character To Cosplay As Danhausen On Jericho Cruise
- Backstage Reaction To AEW House Shows
- PHOTOS: WWE Star Gets Stitches After Accidental Face Injury