Veteran WWE announcer Michael Cole has revealed that Triple H and Kevin Dunn ribbed him at Royal Rumble 2023.
With over 20 years with the company, Cole has learnt to expect the unexpected in WWE.
Cole was legitimately surprised with Pat McAfee’s WWE return at the January 28 premium live event, with McAfee joining Cole and Corey Graves behind the commentary desk before the Royal Rumble match.
Speaking on the Pat McAfee Show, Cole noted that he didn’t recognise the music at first, but Triple H told him to sell the return.
Recalling the moment, Cole said:
“When the music hit, because when I think Pat McAfee, I still think of White Stripes, so, when the first couple of bars of the new song hit, I didn’t immediately recognize it.
“Then Hunter, Paul Levesque (Triple H) was in my ear, and he said, ‘Are you gonna sell it?’ I mouthed to him in the spy cam, ‘Sell what?’ I’m like, ‘Sell what?’
“Then I looked up and I saw your video board, and I’m like, ‘Oh my God, you’re ribbing me.'”
Cole revealed that he sent a text message to both Triple H and Kevin Dunn, saying:
“You f***ers, I can’t believe that you guys ribbed me.”
Pat McAfee also revealed WWE’s original plans for his return, which you can read about right here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed