PWInsider has provided some additional information on Samoa Joe re-joining WWE, including how Triple H was seemingly incredibly eager to make the deal happen.
The site is reporting that Triple H “snatched him back” when WWE higher-ups gave their blessing for Samoa Joe to return to the company.
PWInsider also reports that Triple H “was not happy” with Samoa Joe being fired and wanted the former NXT Champion back with his brand, especially given how ‘The Game’ was influential in bringing Samoa Joe to WWE in 2015.
While Joe is rumoured to be joining WWE as a non-wrestler, there is a belief that “he could wrestle at some point”, but the main reason he’s been brought back is to “focus more on non-wrestling duties”.
Despite Joe having been spotted at the WWE Performance Center over the last few weeks, PWInsider notes that he has not been taking any bumps while at the training facility.
For those that don’t know, Joe was released by WWE in April 2021. He was serving as a Raw commentator at the time, as the former NXT Champion had been out of action with concussion-related issues since January 2020.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Spoiler For Planned Return On August 12 SmackDown
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan
- Former WWE Writer Recalls Stephanie McMahon Reaction To Finding Out He Was A Wrestling Fan