This year’s WrestleMania 36 event was not only held in front of no fans at the Performance Center for the first time, but was the first ‘Mania that was ‘too big for just one night”.
Of course, the real reason the show was held across two nights was a Coronavirus prevention measure, ensuring that too many people weren’t in the same place at the same time.
Despite the show being held in front of no fans this year, WrestleMania 36 was actually a largely enjoyable show, and the fact it didn’t run for six or seven hours likely contributed to that.
While speaking on WWE’s official After the Bell podcast, Triple H revealed that he is a fan of WrestleMania becoming a two-day event, even in a post-Coronavirus world:
“Well, I mean my opinion is my opinion, but I think it was much more enjoyable than the eight-hour extravaganza. I think at some point that is probably what it should be. It’s just become so big, when you think about it, in a way, it started out as a concert that ended up being a festival, and it’s this week-long thing. When you think about it in that manner now, you know, the Thursday would have been Hall of Fame, Friday was SmackDown, Saturday was going to be TakeOver, Sunday would have been WrestleMania [and] Monday would have been Raw. It’s a week-long festival, and I think that big main-stage attraction needs to be those two nights and it would be this weekend of events.
“I do think that is probably a change that that out of chaos comes the genius and maybe that is the genius of it. And I know there’s been people saying that for a period of time, but that’s a major shift, and it doesn’t come easy. I think people in the world look at stuff like that. They go, ‘why don’t they just make it two nights?’ Yeah, because that’s really easy. There you go two nights.”
For what it’s worth, I agree with Triple H and would like to see future WrestleMania events held over two-nights as opposed to one incredibly long night of wrestling. The crowd will be hotter and clearly less tired as they often are now.
What do you think of the idea of holding WrestleMania across two-nights moving forward? Let us know on Twitter.
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- Another AEW Star Seemingly Preparing To Join WWE
- Does Vince McMahon Want To Leave WWE Revealed
- Did Adam Copeland Beat Christian Cage For The AEW TNT Championship
- Bryan Danielson Names Who He’d Add To AEW’s Blackpool Combat Club