Back in 2015, Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder came together on NXT television as a tag team known as the Hype Bros.
Speaking with former WWE star Matt Rehwoldt (FKA Aiden English) on the Straight Shooting podcast, Mojo revealed that the Hype Bros name was always intended to be tentative, because Triple H thought the name ‘sucked’.
“Then Triple H goes, and I’ll never forget this, he goes, ‘Yeah, you know, he’s the bro, you’re the hype. We’ll just put you guys together and, you know, you’ll be like… we’ll call you The Hype Bros or something. Not that name – that name sucks – but we’ll come up with something better.’” And it stuck! We never changed it! It was The Hype Bros, and he (Triple H) himself was like, ‘This name sucks, we’ll get you something better.’”
Mojo was released from WWE back in April 2021, and he has since gone on to score a Hollywood role.
Ryder, now known as Matt Cardona, is making waves in the world of wrestling, recently capturing the GCW World Championship from Nick Gage at the GCW Homecoming show.
transcription via Sportskeeda
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return