Triple H has discussed a potential WWE return, revealing that if he’s to step into the ring again, the match has to be intriguing.
During a live recording of The Herd with Colin Cowherd, Triple H addressed the crowd chanting “one more match”, joking:
“I’m glad you stopped the ‘You still got it’ chant because you don’t know. Quite frankly, neither do I.”
Explaining that his in-ring return would have to feel worthwhile, Triple H said:
“If people want it, if it’s the right thing, it has got to be intriguing. At this point, with as busy as everybody is in WWE from the business side, for me to get ready for WrestleMania, at my age, it’s not something to enter into casually. I’d have to train a lot, a couple times a day for three months or so to get ready for that. In-ring training and everything. I’ve already torn most of everything off my body so I want to make sure I’m not ready to do that again.
The training would be the tough part with the schedule, but if it was something people wanted and it was intriguing to me, I would love to do it. I would love to come back and hit a WrestleMania, but I’ve said it before, I would also love to…much like somebody like Cena, you sort of make the comeback and do it, but going to the towns. If I was to do something like that before I called it a day, go to the Garden again. Go to Japan. Go to different countries and have that one more match.
“Step into those cities where you have 25+ years of memories and opponents and to be able to go out there and do it again in front of them one more time. It doesn’t have to be the same person you go against at WrestleMania. It’s a matter of what we can make happen, but it’s intriguing for sure.”
Triple H’s last official bout took place during a 2019 house show in Japan. In January, he had a “street fight” with Randy Orton, however the match was ruled a no-contest after a brief brawl.
WWE are currently preparing for SummerSlam, set to air tonight from the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. WWE President Nick Khan has revealed the real reason the Biggest Party of the Summer is on a Saturday this year.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star