Triple H has commented on his current and future roles in WWE, after announcing his retirement from wrestling.
Speaking with ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, the WWE Executive Vice President of Global Talent Strategy & Development confirmed that he will never wrestle again following his cardiac event in September 2021.
Also in the interview, The Game noted that he’s still active in his roles outside the ring, focused on recruiting and developing future WWE stars.
Triple H said:
“My foot is not off the gas. In some manner, I have to step back a little bit, I’m still in recovery and my endurance is not quite what it used to be before. I’m back in the office. I’m fully focused on recruiting and developing our talent for the future.
“Whether that’s at the Performance Center, finding the next young stud that’s out there, male or female, Gable Steveson, two-time NCAA Champion, Gold Medal at the Olympics, his next step is with WWE. With us, it’s finding that and creating that future. That’s the biggest focus for me. As we move forward from there, it’s making sure WWE is a success for generations to come.”
Triple H also revealed that WWE originally had plans for him to wrestle at WrestleMania 38, which you can read about right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- Former WWE Star Tells Current Star To ‘Text Triple H’ Following Independent Show
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam