Triple H has commented on the WWE future of NBA star Dwight Howard, following his recent appearance at the SummerSlam WWE tryouts.
Howard notably attended the July tryouts, participating in physical drills and promo sessions.
Speaking with Sporting News, Triple H noted that Howard seems serious about a transition to pro-wrestling.
Noting that Howard has his number, Triple H said:
“I think the ball is in his court. It’s a funny thing, Dwight, in the conversations we had, was like, ‘You Know, I really want to do this. I’m serious, I really want to do this’ but we hear that a lot and there’s a difference between saying I want to do this and putting in the grind and doing the work to get there.
(He) came by our tryouts in Nashville, was incredibly entertaining, jumping in promos by himself and then with others. Incredibly entertaining, really driven to want to do this.
“He’s got a lot of other things going on, so when he says, ‘Hey, I want to give this a shot,’ he’s got my phone number. All he’s got to do is call me and we’ll see what can happen. And if he’s willing to put in the grind and the drive that guys like Logan Paul and Bad Bunny and Tyson Fury are willing to put in then let’s go.”
Triple H also discussed the possibility of Tyson Fury returning for an in-ring WWE run, which you can read about right here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Antonio Inoki Passes Away Aged 79
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- White Rabbit Clues Continue On WWE SmackDown
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Seth Rollins Discusses Current Relationship With Jon Moxley & Roman Reigns