Former WWE Tough Enough winner Maven has revealed that he was in contact with Triple H about a potential announcer role prior to the pandemic.
Speaking on That 90s Wrestling podcast, the former Hardcore Champion stated that he travelled to meet with Triple H and Matt Bloom in Orlando.
Noting that he’d consider any opportunity in wrestling, Maven said:
“Before the world was shut down before the pandemic, I actually travelled to Orlando and met with Hunter (Triple H) and with Albert (Matt Bloom) who is running the developmental down there now. And I was talking to them about maybe doing some announcing stuff. And I did that, and I went there, on March 11th of 2020. And if you remember, in America that’s the day America shutdown (due to the pandemic).
“You know I never want to turn my back or say no or it’ll never happen. Because I don’t know. I still and will always have wrestling in my blood. I still have wrestling dreams every week. I still have a dream where I’m either putting my boots on or I’m in the ring or I’m getting ready to wrestle somebody, and my love for the business is never gonna leave. I would definitely entertain any opportunity to be back in wrestling in any capacity.”
Maven was released by WWE in 2005. The 2002 PWI Rookie Of The Year last wrestled in 2016.
Quote via eWrestlingNews.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London