AAA reportedly wanted Bryan Danielson to wrestle in a major match at TripleMania Regia.
During the December 4 show, Hijo del Vikingo defeated Samuray del Sol, Bandido, and AEW stars Jay Lethal & Bobby Fish to win the vacant AAA Mega Championship. Omega was forced to relinquish the gold last month, ahead of his multiple surgeries.
As per the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AAA were hopeful for Danielson ‘as a replacement’ for Omega. It was also noted that AAA also wanted other major AEW names for TripleMania Regia, but either timing or price tags didn’t make the deals work.
The December 4 show featured Cain Velasquez’ wrestling return, teaming with Psycho Clown & Pagano to do battle with LA Park, Rey Escorpion & Taurus
FTR also defended their AAA World Tag Team Championship against The Lucha Brothers on the show.
You can view the full results from the show at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023