WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus has shared her thoughts on a possible match with Sasha Banks, believing this is the bout that fans want to see.
Since their confrontation at Royal Rumble 2018, Stratus and Banks have hinted at a potential bout to settle the score.
Speaking with ET Canada, Stratus denied rumors that she has been ducking the former SmackDown Women’s Champion.
Noting that sharing the ring with The Boss felt special, Stratus said:
“I’ve heard that I’m running from her which is absolutely untrue. I mean, at one point she had done this promo that I’m not ready and I posted a picture of my six-pack and I said, ‘I am ready, girl’. Yeah, listen, she’s, and you know, it’s like these little moments, right?
“So her and I had maybe a five-minute moment in the – 2018, like so many years ago now, Royal Rumble. And to this day, people are like, ‘That’s the match we want to see.’
“They just, sometimes you just have this energy that’s palpable and you just have this, you know, it’s like when Lita and I faced off. Ooh, they felt that.
“When Rock and (Steve) Austin faced off, people felt that. So when Sasha and I faced off, I mean, I felt it too, you know, and it was a good moment. So will follow up on it? I mean, if there’s an opportunity, perhaps.”
Stratus last wrestled at SummerSlam 2019, losing to Charlotte Flair in singles action.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
- ‘A Lot Of Concern’ Over Randy Orton Injury
- Report: Bandido Offered AEW Contract Following September 28 Dynamite
- AEW Facing ‘Brutal’ Live Show Ticket Sales
- Several WWE Stars Missing SmackDown Due To Hurricane Ian
- Antonio Inoki Passes Away Aged 79
- Brock Lesnar WWE Return Date Revealed?
- Young Bucks & Kenny Omega ‘Haven’t Heard Anything’ About AEW Return
- VICE TV Vince McMahon Documentary To Cover WWE Departure
- Rush Officially Signs With AEW
- Seth Rollins Discusses Current Relationship With Jon Moxley & Roman Reigns