WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus betrayed her ally and partner Becky Lynch on last week’s WWE Raw show following their Women’s Tag Team Championship loss to Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez.
On this week’s show, Trish appeared to address her actions against Becky in the first heel promo that she cut in years, since her last heel run back in 2004.
Appearing on Busted Open Radio, Trish reflected on the promo, noting that she was nervous to shed her babyface character she’s had for the past 18 years.
“I had to get a point across so that’s what I did. I remember saying ‘God, I haven’t done a heel promo in 18 years, like it’s been a long time right?
“I speak to a theater of 5,000 people and one thing that’s interesting is when I do ‘[Canada’s] Got Talent’ the producers always come to me and say ‘god, you’re so good at getting the crowd.’ Was I apprehensive? I always am but that’s what’s exciting to me, I thrive on challenge, that’s part of why I’m even doing this.”
Trish also revealed that she worked her WrestleMania 39 match with a partially torn hamstring.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Top Champion Names Drew McIntyre As Potential Title Challenger
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star