UPDATE: Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan has taken to social media to comment on his WWE departure. Read more right here.
WWE NXT 2.0 star Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan has been released by the company, as reported by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer.
This wasn’t a budget or creative decision, but a policy issue and he was told he may be brought back in a year.
Donovan was brought onto NXT 2.0 TV a few weeks ago as a member of Tony D’Angelo’s ‘family’ alongside Channing ‘Stacks’ Lorenzo.
Donovan was at the June 10 NXT house show in Tampa, but not the June 11 show in Largo.
NXT taped the next two episodes of NXT 2.0 TV earlier this week too, and Donovan was in several segments and matches that were taped, so either he’ll still appear on the show despite being released, or they’ll have to cut those out.
Before his WWE signing was announced in March, he had previously wrestled as Cole Karter, most notably for AEW including a match on Dynamite in April 2021.
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed
- AEW Star Responds To Claim They Were Punished For Social Media Conduct
- WWE Star Going ‘Back To The Drawing Board’
- TNA Wrestling Departure Confirmed