Former WWE NXT 2.0 star Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan was released by the company less than a week ago, and we now know why.
Initially, it was reported that Donovan’s release was due to a “policy issue”, which didn’t really make the exact reason clear.
Now, in today’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Meltzer clarified that Donovan was fired because of a failed drugs test.
Many people had suspected that’s what “policy issue” indicated, but it hadn’t been confirmed until now.
Donovan was told by WWE Head of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis that if everything’s clear in a year, he should apply for a job to return.
After the initial news came to light, Donovan tweeted:
Thank you to everyone who’s reached out. Mistakes happen and lessons are learned. A bump in the road doesn’t define me though. I’ll be back
Donovan was brought onto NXT 2.0 TV months ago as a member of Tony D’Angelo’s ‘family’ alongside Channing ‘Stacks’ Lorenzo.
Before his WWE signing was announced in March, he had previously wrestled as Cole Karter, most notably for AEW including a match on Dynamite in April 2021. He is also the boyfriend of current NXT 2.0 star Thea Hail.
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- Two AEW Stars Expected To Take Time Off
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- John Cena Opens Up On Relationship With The Rock Following SmackDown Interaction
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- SmackDown Star Shares Cryptic Message Amid WWE Absence