New Japan Pro Wrestling has re-signed two major stars. Hiroshi Tanahashi and Yuji Nagata have both signed new deals to stay in Japan’s largest promotion. They will both remain with NJPW through 2020. Both Tanahashi and Nagata tweeted out the news.
— 棚橋 弘至 (@tanahashi1_100) December 24, 2019
— 永田裕志 (@nagata769) December 24, 2019
Tanahashi’s tweet translates roughly to “The player contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling has been updated. I will do my best next year. Thank you!”, and Nagata’s translates to “Christmas Eve this year is really cold. It may be the coldest in the past few years (laugh) Such a contract was renewed today. Thank you for New Japan Pro-Wrestling Hiroshi Nagata in 2020”.
Hiroshi Tanahashi is currently set to face Chris Jericho at Wrestle Kingdom 14 on January 5, 2020. He recently made headlines as he said that if he defeats Jericho he wants a shot at the AEW World Championship. Until now, crossover between NJPW and AEW has been very minimal.
Yuji Nagata is also set to compete at Wrestle Kingdom 14. He will team with his partner, Manabu Nakanishi, to face Satoshi Kojima and Hiroyoshi Tenzan on January 4, 2020.
New Japan Pro Wrestling’s contracts usually expire close to the beginning of the year so keep a look out for more news like this in the coming weeks.
Are you excited to see Tanahashi and Nagata stay in NJPW? Let us know on Twitter or on Discord!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed