Impact Wrestling hasn’t really been at the forefront of wrestling discussion since Bound For Glory last year, but they sure will be hoping to change that when their next pay-per-view, Homecoming, airs on January 6.
On top of the Impact World Championship match between current champion Johnny Impact (formerly John Morrison in WWE and Johnny Mundo in Lucha Underground) and challenger Brian Cage, the Knockouts Championship match between Tessa Blanchard and Taya Valkyrie with Gail Kim as the Special Guest Referee as well as a host of others, there have been two more matches added to the card.
Sami Callihan will now be facing Willie Mack in a standard singles match, while the team of Allie and Su Yung will take on Kiera Hogan and Jordynne Grace in Knockouts tag action.
This takes the total number of matches on the card to eight, so expect the show to be significantly shorter than the twelve match card that was WWE’s TLC, or the ten match card of Wrestle Kingdom 13.
The final Homecoming card is as follows:
- Johnny Impact (c) vs Brian Cage | Impact World Championship
- Tessa Blanchard (c) vs Taya Valkyrie | Impact Knockouts Championship with Gail Kim as Special Guest Referee
- Jake Crist vs Ethan Page vs Rich Swann vs Trey Miguel | Ultimate X Match for the Impact X Division Championship
- The Latin American Xchange [Santana & Ortiz] (c) vs The Lucha Bros [Pentagon & Rey Fenix] | Impact Tag Team Championships
- Abyss vs Eli Drake | Monster’s Ball Match
- Eddie Edwards vs Moose | Falls Count Anywhere Match
- Sami Callihan vs Willie Mack
- Allie & Su Yung vs Kiera Hogan & Jordynne Grace