A new tag team has been confirmed to have signed with All Elite Wrestling and be part of the Ring of Honor roster.
At ROH Supercard of Honor, Tully Blanchard introduced The Gates of Agony (Toa Liona and Kaun) as the first two clients of his new group, Tully Blanchard Enterprises.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), former Shane Taylor Promotions member Kaun has signed with AEW and will be a part of the ROH roster.
Speaking with Koffin Radio, Kaun’s tag team partner Toa Liona also confirmed that he has indeed signed and will be a part of the ROH roster moving forward as well.
When asked if he was with AEW, Liona said:
“It’s official, I’m signed with them. I’m part of the ROH roster, but, I’m contracted so you never know when I might pop up on TBS or TNT. Watch Dynamite and Rampage.”
The Gates of Agony member revealed that the plan was in the works after his appearances on AEW Dark, saying:
“After all the Dark tapings, I had a conversation with Tony (Khan) and he pretty much said, ‘stay ready.’ I got my gear, had a conversation with Kaun, and we have the same type of mindset. We’re both…we love to grind, we love to work hard, and we both want to be the best to ever do it. It was the perfect partnership for me and him to be put together. When that happened, we just had to stay ready and when we got that phone call, you get that opportunity, you have to get ready to hit it out of the park.”
The Gates of Agony defeated Shinobi Shadow Squad (Cheeseburger and Eli Isom) in quick fashion on the Supercard of Honor pre-show.
Tully Blanchard also announced former FTW Champion Brian Cage as a member of Tully Blanchard Enterprises prior to his victory over Ninja Mack on ROH Supercard of Honor.
Quotes via Fightful
- First Ever NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Participants Revealed
- New WWE Star Debuts At Taping
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Star Ruled Out Of Big Match Due To Recent Injury
- AEW Star ‘Didn’t Even Bother’ Wearing Ring Gear For Recent Match
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return On NXT
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase