Earlier today WWE confirmed in a press conference that Tyson Fury will be stepping into a WWE ring later this month at Crown Jewel when he goes one-on-one with Braun Strowman.
This will be the undefeated boxer’s first-ever wrestling match, but will it be his last?
It was reported earlier today that former UFC star Cain Velasquez has signed a multi-year deal with WWE and has officially retired from MMA. The news was later confirmed by WWE.
However, unlike Velasquez, Fury’s match with Strowman at Crown Jewel will likely be a one-off according to WrestlingInc. There are currently no plans for Fury to work another match in WWE.
Fury is said to be making a return to boxing in 2020 for a rematch with Deontay Wilder. The pair clashed in 2018.
According to reports, Tyson Fury’s team are slightly worried about a bad cut above his right eye being re-opened during his match with Strowman on October 31.
The cuts he sustained during his fight with Otto Wallin earlier this month required 47 stitches.
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H