A UFC Hall of Famer has provided an update on their WWE future.
UFC Hall of Famer Daniel Cormier will make his WWE debut, serving as a special guest referee for the Fight Pit Match between Seth Rollins and Matt Riddle at Extreme Rules on October 8.
Speaking with ESPN’s Marc Raimondi, Cormier provided an update on his future with WWE and status after Extreme Rules.
“As of right now, it’s a one-time thing. We’ll see how it goes this weekend and we’ll try to go forward from there, but I don’t know man. I wanna feel the energy, I wanna feel the arena and see. You never know what the future holds. I’m not a guy that puts limits and that puts — I’m not not open to things. So, maybe it does lead to something bigger, but right now, all eyes are on Extreme Rules and doing the best job I can in order to ensure that this is a fair fight, because I don’t want no cheating.”
Daniel Cormier retired from the UFC in 2020 before assuming the role of color commentator for the promotion.
As previously noted, Cormier also revealed who approached him about the appearance at Extreme Rules in the same interview.
For the full lineup for the Extreme Rules premium live event, click here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW