A former UFC competitor has confirmed that she did visit the WWE Performance Center, stating she is “definitely open” to working for WWE.
In an interview with Chris Van Vliet, Paige VanZant revealed that rumours of her visiting the Performance Center in Orlando are true. Noting that she went to get a sense for what pro-wrestling is all about, VanZant told Van Vliet that there is a level of communication between her and WWE.
Confirming that she’d be interested in signing a WWE contract, VanZant admitted that she feels like she’d take to wrestling quickly with her background. Not wanting to bite off more than she can chew, VanZant confirmed that she’d think about wrestling training after she eventually retires from MMA.
Here is the full quote, coutesy of Wrestling News.Co:
“Yes, I have visited their campus, the Performance Center in Orlando. I was able to go visit and look around and kind of get a sense for what it’s all about.
“Communication is actually there sometimes so we’re able to communicate and show our interest with each other and once there’s a little bit more free time in my schedule I think that’s something that I would like to really pursue.”
When asked if she has any interest in working for WWE, she replied:
“I do. I get asked about WWE a lot and I do feel like it’s something I would be very good at because I kind of have the best of both worlds; I was a dancer where I was used to the entertainment and the showmanship side of it and the combat sports side obviously goes into the WWE. You know, I don’t think that it’s something that I could do both (Bare Knuckle FC and pro wrestling) at the same time. I feel like I would want to do that 100%, so maybe it’s something that after I’m done fighting in a cage and in a ring that maybe I’ll go over to there but the door is definitely open.”
WWE and UFC have shared a lot of fighters over the years. After leaving WWE in 2004, Brock Lesnar tried his hand at MMA. After conquering The Octagon, Lesnar returned to WWE in 2012, making sporadic appearances for UFC since.
Other MMA fighters that have transitioned to the squared circle include Ronda Rousey, Matt Riddle, Sonya Deville and Shayna Baszler.
VanZant makes her Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship debut on Friday, fighting Britain Hart.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Real Reason For Tay Conti AEW Name Change
- Athena Accuses Leila Grey Of Helping Her Sneak Up On Jade Cargill
- Jon Moxley Unimpressed By Return Of CM Punk
- NXT Star Causes Sasha Banks Controversy, CM Punk Returns To AEW, 14 New WWE Signings Revealed – News Bulletin – August 11, 2022
- Tony Khan Praises WWE’s ‘Better Shows’ Under Triple H
- Current Backstage Belief On Potential Bray Wyatt Return
- Potential Update On Likelihood Of Bray Wyatt Returning To WWE
- Does Warner Brothers Discovery Own 100+ WCW Themes?
- Major Planned Match For AEW All Out Revealed?