Further details of the arrangements between two WWE stars and New Japan Pro Wrestling have been revealed, including future plans.
Following their return to WWE in October 2022, doubt had been cast over the ability of Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows to fulfil external bookings, particularly for NJPW where Anderson is the current NEVER Openweight Champion.
With a planned match between Anderson and Hikuleo sidelined due to Anderson being booked by WWE for Crown Jewel on November 5, even the NJPW President had reacted to the awkward situation.
With Anderson having been officially announced for the upcoming December 14 show in Sendai, defending against Hikuleo, more details of the situation between Gallows & Anderson and NJPW have been revealed.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has stated what “while the situation is unconventional”, New Japan Pro Wrestling has been aware of Gallows & Anderson’s plans since August.
With knowledge that both were heading back to WWE, a plan was put together that would allow Anderson to work NJPW dates around his WWE schedule.
Fightful Select’s sources additionally claim that there are plans for Anderson to continue to work NJPW dates after December 14 and that this includes the Tokyo Dome Show.
It is also reported that the dates had been agreed upon before both men left IMPACT Wrestling.
Wrestle Kingdom 17 takes place at the Tokyo Dome on January 4 2023.
It is being held in honor of the late Antonio Inoki, the founder of NJPW.
Inoki passed away on October 1, 2022.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Dolph Ziggler Wins First Title Since WWE Release
- Former WWE Star Wins Championship In NJPW Singles Debut
- WWE Breaks 23-Year Award Losing Streak
- Major Update On Brock Lesnar & Vince McMahon In WWE 2K24
- Roman Reigns Bloodline Member Trying To Join WWE
- WWE Star Arrives In Wrong Country For Major Show
- Randy Orton Hilariously Reacts To John Cena Onlyfans Announcement
- Former WWE Champion Still Hasn’t Re-Signed Despite Major Creative Plans
- WWE Star Retires Move After Recent Terrifying Botch
- The Rock’s Next WWE Appearance Revealed