The Undertaker has recalled a meeting with Vince McMahon ahead of Brock Lesnar ending his undefeated streak at WrestleMania 30.
Speaking with ESPN, the ‘Deadman’ first discussed whether he actually ever thought the streak was going to end, and then whether he was happy with Lesnar being the man to end it.
“Internally, and the way this business works, I knew that someday it probably would. In our industry, you just don’t walk away like Floyd [Mayweather] and retire undefeated or Rocky Marciano.”
He also discussed the conversation with Vince McMahon about Lesnar ending it in 2014, saying:
“Although most of my peers and people that I work with thought it was a horrible decision. I just asked Vince, are you sure? Is this what you want? He was like, ‘If it’s not Brock, who can beat you?’ from the way the streak was built and by that time.
“So it was like, alright, it’s your call. Everybody thinks that I have all this juice that I can say yes or say no. I mean I could have said no. What good was that gonna do?…what do I do? Not go out? Or throw a tissy?, I’m not going over… that’s not me. I’m business, and business comes first before anything personal.”
Thanks to WrestlingNews.co for the quotes
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Injury Update On Dante Martin After ROH Supercard Of Honor