Speaking with the True Geordie Podcast, Undertaker reflected on his time in the professional wrestling business in advance of being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
Discussing his longevity over the years, notably, Undertaker returned from a 2000 injury as a departure from his previous Lord of Darkness version.
About the transition in character, he said:
“So the American Badass, several things were going on there. One, yeah I got hurt. I injured my groin then right close to coming back from my groin injury, I tore a pec. So I was out most of that whole year leading into the American Badass. But what was going on was the Attitude Era. You’ve got Stone Cold, who’s cutting these incredible promos, that people can really identify with. It’s like real life with a little bit of gas behind it. You’ve got the Rock cutting these unbelievable promos. All these promos are just, they are so good. I think, I would have survived but I wouldn’t have thrived if I had not taken a break. As good as the character is, you’re kinda boxed in too, with what you can do and what you can’t do. You know, it’s hard for the Undertaker to be in the ring while The Rock is talking about poontang pie, and to have some kind of retort that the Undertaker could give. So, it was a period for me to, just to take a deep breath and do something different for a minute”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Elsewhere in the podcast, Undertaker spoke more about the switch to the American Badass version of his character including his new entrance theme, being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame and he doubles down on previous comments about the state of today’s wrestling locker rooms.
- Claudio Castagnoli AEW Details & WWE Stars React, AEW Contracts Expire, Cody Rhodes Video Game News – Audio News Bulletin – June 27, 2022
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- More Details On Claudio Castagnoli Joining AEW
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Jon Moxley Claims He’s ‘Probably Concussed’ In Passionate Post-Show Promo
- Becky Lynch Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- What Happened After AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Went Off Air?
- Xavier Woods Reacts To Claudio Castagnoli AEW Debut
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- WWE Star Aliyah Dealing With An Injury