WWE has announced that Cody Rhodes has torn his pectoral muscle, and is set to undergo surgery on Thursday.
As for the AEW stars, PWInsider has provided an update on all three. The report states that there is no word yet on when CM Punk will have surgery on his foot, with the word making the rounds that surgery was the only option. This is because, due to the nature of the injury, it likely wouldn’t heal correctly without it.
As for Danielson, there is no official confirmation to the rumours that he suffered a concussion, but PWInsider was told that Danielson got banged up during Anarchy in the Arena, and won’t be back in the ring until he’s been cleared.
Adam Cole, who was pulled from last week’s Dynamite, is also “banged up”. Cole’s case is reportedly not one specific major issue, but rather several minor ones at the same time, so AEW decided to give him time to rest and heal up, so to not compound any potential issues down the line.
The belief is that both Cole and Danielson will be back in time for the Forbidden Door pay-per-view, if not sooner. There has not been any timetable on Punk’s return, and likely won’t be until after his surgery.
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete