An update has emerged on Paige VanZant’s pro-wrestling training, following her AEW in-ring debut earlier this year.
After officially signing with AEW in March, VanZant teamed with Ethan Page & Scorpio Sky to score a victory over the team of Frankie Kazarian, Sammy Guevara & Tay Melo at Double or Nothing in May.
VanZant hasn’t wrestled since her pay-per-view bout.
In an interview with K & S Wrestlefest, former WWE star Gangrel (real name David Heath) confirmed that he was training Vanzant, hut noted that he hasn’t been in contact with her since her wrestling debut.
“Yes, I did (train VanZant) for a little while there. She did well; she didn’t train as much as I would have liked for her to train, but I haven’t seen her since that match. She did that match, she wrote me, and said, ‘Hey, I’d like to go over the match with you and some critique.’ And I said, ‘Sure,’ and that’s the last I heard from her. She’s an athlete. She could have been really, really good at it actually.”
VanZant was a bare knuckle boxer and MMA fighter representing American Top Team before joining AEW. She was originally slated to compete for Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship at BKFC 27 in August, but was ultimately pulled from the event.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change
- Former NJPW Star Set For WWE Debut Next Week
- Tony Khan Continues To Praise Mercedes Moné Ahead Of Forbidden Door 2
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Nature Of Recent Procedure Amid WWE Absence