Update: AJ Styles has provided further details of his injury.
An update has emerged on AJ Styles following an injury scare at the December 29 WWE house show in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
During the show, Styles teamed with Karl Anderson and Mia Yim to face off against Finn Balor, Damian Priest & Rhea Ripley.
Following a scary top rope spot, the referee threw up the ‘X’ signal while Styles was down on the outside.
Styles was helped to the back after the match, with the popular star reportedly struggling to put weight on his left foot.
PWInsider, has provided an update on the situation, shooting down speculation that the injury was a work.
Per the report, the injury was 100% legitimate, and Styles will be getting it checked out ‘ASAP’.
While fans initially suspected that Styles had hurt his leg, PWInsider specified that it is now believed that Styles suffered an ankle injury.
The timetable for his return is unclear as of writing, so it is unclear when he will return to the ring, or if he has to take time off to recover.
We will continue to provide updates on Styles’ status as they become available.
For a list of WWE names currently out of action due to injuries, and expected return dates, click here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return