WWE ran two big angles in the women’s division at SummerSlam this past Saturday.
The first saw Becky Lynch lose her rematch to Bianca Belair for the Raw Women’s Championship in the opening match, before seemingly turning face and aligning with Belair against the returning Bayley, Dakota Kai and IYO SKY.
Later in the night, Ronda Rousey also lost her rematch to Liv Morgan for the SmackDown Women’s Championship, before seemingly turning heel after the match, assaulting Morgan and the referee in the process.
PWInsider has provided an update on both women’s statuses within the company following the show. Becky Lynch is in fact internally listed as a babyface member of the Raw women’s division, sitting in second place behind Bianca Belair.
However, on the contrary, Ronda Rousey is still listed as a babyface on the internal SmackDown women’s roster, so as of right now she is still considered a babyface, which could obviously change in the coming days.
WWE has announced a fine and suspension for Rousey following her actions at SummerSlam.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Former Champion Becomes A Free Agent, Multiple Promotions Interested
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions