WWE Hall of Famer and former DX member Brian “Road Dogg” James has provided an update on the recovery of the New Day’s Big E.
Big E suffered a fracture to his C1 vertebrae and C6 vertebrae on the March 11 edition of SmackDown, following a botched manoeuvre at ringside from Ridge Holland which resulted in the former WWE Champion being dropped on his head.
“I was just texting with Big E. He’s doing well. He was talking about how blessed he is.
“I hadn’t seen him in a while. I hadn’t heard from him. I was thinking about friends and family today for some reason and saw his number and thought, I’m gonna text Big E right now. He said he’s blessed and doing great.”
Though he has not appeared on WWE television since the incident, Big E has made a number of appearances on WWE’s gaming channel UpUpDownDown, most recently playing the game Nidhogg against former WWE star Tyler Breeze.
For more information about wrestler injuries, be sure to check out our injury tracker.
To keep up to date will all the latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of WrestlingNews.co.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm