Earlier this week it was reported by SoCal Uncensored that beef mountain Brian Cage had signed with AEW, something his wife Melissa Santos denied.
Neither Cage or AEW commented on the report, and it appears that this was because he has in fact not signed with anyone yet, although his deal with Impact has indeed come to an end.
“Really?? How can you confirm something that isn’t true???? I’m his wife and I can CONFIRM, he hasn’t signed on any dotted line.”
She later added:
“And when he finally signs somewhere be it AEW, IMPACT ect….. we will let you know. People trying to get ahead of actual facts is not cool.”
And it appears she was telling the truth, as PWInsider is now reporting that Cage is a free agent and that he hasn’t actually signed with anyone at all yet.
Many saw the “no contest” in his match with Rob Van Dam at Impact: Hard to Kill as a sign that Cage was indeed on his way out, but it is believed this was done to make sure Cage didn’t further aggravate what is thought to be a torn bicep.
We will keep you updated with any further news as it becomes available.
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win