Night one of WrestleMania 39 is officially in the books, and it was a night of many highlights.
One of the highlights saw Rhea Ripley and Charlotte Flair clash for the SmackDown Women’s Championship in an incredibly physical encounter that many consider the match of the night.
In the end, Ripley pinned Charlotte with an Avalanche Riptide to capture the SmackDown Women’s title for the first time in her career.
During the match, Charlotte took several tough bumps, as well as a cut on her nose suffered towards the end of the match.
In an update from Fightful Select (subscription required), those that Fightful spoke to said that she was fine after the physical match against Rhea.
There had been several people speculating about Charlotte’s wrestling future following the loss, but she recently told Fightful that she is hoping to break her father’s record of 16 world titles.
Charlotte currently holds 14 Women’s Championship reigns in the company across the Raw Women’s, SmackDown Women’s and Diva’s Championship.
The Raw Women’s Championship clash between Asuka and Bianca Belair is set to take place on tonight’s second night of WrestleMania 39.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Update On WWE Status Of Talents Company Is ‘Real High’ On