An update has emerged regarding the injury suffered by former AEW World Champion CM Punk at AEW All Out 2022.
Punk suffered torn triceps in the pay-per-view’s main event against then-champion Jon Moxley.
The injury was in addition to an injury sustained earlier in in the year, when he broke his foot.
While Punk recently took to Instagram to assure his fans that his foot was healing up well, there had not yet been any news about the injury to his arm.
Now Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter has provided an update regarding the latter, saying that “CM Punk’s rehab of his torn triceps is said to be going really well”.
Punk has been out of action in AEW since capturing the title from Moxley at AEW All Out, though this is due to a twin combination of factors.
While his injuries would likely have kept him from in-ring competition anyway, Punk was suspended from the company along with several others following a physical altercation between himself, Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks which took place after the event.
Punk’s current status with AEW is unclear, but as of the latest word, he had been in talks with the company over a buyout of his contract, but there had been a delay due to negotiations over a non-compete clause.
As of now, the belief is that CM Punk is still officially under contract with AEW.
Meanwhile, Omega and the Bucks are slated to appear at AEW Full Gear this weekend (November 19) to challenge Death Triangle for the Trios Championship.
There has been unconfirmed speculation that Punk could potentially make the move to WWE when his AEW contract situation is cleared, especially fueled by confirmation that WWE is in talks with Steve Austin about a return at WrestleMania.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega Continue Twitter Back And Forth
- Tony Khan Reveals Real Reason William Regal Wanted WWE Return
- Audible Called For Recent WWE Title Match To Finish Early
- AEW Star Believes Recent Backlash Wouldn’t Happen If She Was A Man
- Another WWE Star Undergoing Huge Character Change?
- New Bloodline Member Joins Booker T’s Training School
- AEW’s Jim Ross Addresses William Regal’s Apparent Departure
- WWE Newest Signee Revealed
- Tony Khan Says William Regal Can’t Appear On-Screen For WWE When He Returns