Last night’s AEW Dynamite saw intriguing developments in the ongoing war between the Blackpool Combat Club and The Elite.
Despite Bryan Danielson’s return and heel turn making the headlines it seems that something far less intentional may have been the most notable occurrence from the show.
During a backstage interview segment with Hangman Adam Page and Don Callis, the BCC would interject and attack both Page and Callis.
However, following a Jon Moxley forearm to the Winnipeg-native Callis, something seemed to have gone awry with Callis shown with a nasty gash after hitting the floor as the segment ended.
According to PWInsider, Callis did in-fact hit his head going down following Moxley’s attack, and this was not planned to happen.
Later the AEW commentary team would note that Callis was receiving medical attention, something we’re used to hearing in kayfabe terms, although this time it was legitimate.
The Wrestling Observer’s Bryan Alvarez would then take to Twitter to provide a further update on Callis’ condition following Dynamite.
“Don Callis was essentially kept overnight at the hospital and received a bunch of stitches for what was described as a gash that looked he got hit with a hatchet”
Alvarez and Dave Meltzer confirmed on Wrestling Observer Radio there was no concussion, just stitches.
For more on the incident click here, while you can find more stories from last night’s AEW Dynamite here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups