A new report has provided an update on Drew McIntyre amid his ongoing WWE absence.
Following WrestleMania 39, Drew McIntyre has been absent from WWE programming amid speculation regarding his current deal with the company, which is set to expire in early 2024.
Per PWInsider, McIntyre recently completed the process of becoming a naturalized American citizen.
As of this writing, there hasn’t been much progression in regards to negotiations on a new contract for the former WWE Champion.
The two sides have yet to come to a new agreement that would keep McIntyre in the company when his deal is set to expire.
Drew McIntyre was spotted flying out of New York City earlier this week, but no confirmation on whether he was up in the Northeast to meet with company officials.
As previously mentioned, The Undertaker recently praised Drew McIntyre and spoke about why he believes the former WWE Champion hasn’t reached his full potential just yet.
Keep track of the WWE’s current injury reserve at this link.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon
- VIDEO: ROH Champion Holds Hilarious Training Session
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Claudio Castagnoli Comments On Bryan Danielson’s Potential ‘Retirement’ Plans