An update has been provided on Eddie Kingston following reports that he suffered an injury during his match at AEW Full Gear.
PWInsider previously reported that both Eddie Kingston and Malakai Black missed the Big Event convention in New York City today (November 14) due to injuries picked up during yesterday’s pay-per-view.
As per PWInsider, Northeast Wrestling, which was hosting Eddie Kingston at the Big Event convention, has now released a statement confirming that Kingston suffered a shoulder injury during his bout against CM Punk.
Stating that Kingston is undergoing a number of medical tests today, the statement reads:
“Eddie Kingston contacted us late last night. Due to an injury to his shoulder in his match with CM Punk last night at the AEW PPV, he will be unable to appear at Big Event NY Convention today. He is having his shoulder checked out and having a series of medical tests this morning.”
PWInsider also noted this is more of a case of Kingston being banged up from a cumulation of different issues, than a specific injury from the bout.
Kingston was pinned by CM Punk after 11 minutes, in the shortest contest of the night.
We will continue to provide updates on Eddie Kingston as they become available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- CM Punk AEW Return Date Announced By Tony Khan
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- New Theme Song For Top AEW Star