An update has emerged on former WWE star Jeff Hardy and his AEW status, following recent comments made by Jeff on his wrestling future.
In an interview with YouTuber Jared Myers, Hardy stated that he was AEW-bound, telling Myers “I’m going to AEW, I’m so excited.” Several AEW stars have teased Jeff’s arrival, including his brother, Matt Hardy, and EVPs Matt & Nick Jackson on Being The Elite.
Hardy later provided clarification on the situation, taking to social media to remind fans that nothing can be official right now. Hardy was released on December 9, 2021, so won’t be able to officially talk to or sign with AEW until March 9, after his 90-day non-compete clause expires.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Hardy is expected to join AEW ‘relatively soon’. Also noting that ‘Sw3rve The Realest’ will soon make his AEW debut, Meltzer said:
“Jeff Hardy should be in (AEW) relatively soon. Shane Strickland should be in soon. I don’t know of anybody else off the top of my head coming in just yet. I think that there will be more. That’s pretty much what’s going on there.”
An update was also provided on the status of Johnny Gargano, which you can read about right here.
You can view our AEW roster page at this link.
Transcription Via WrestlingNews.co.
- Another Reason Matt Riddle Had Heat With WWE Management Revealed
- Which Released WWE Stars IMPACT Wrestling Is Reportedly Interested In Revealed
- Promotions Interested In Matt Riddle After WWE Release Revealed
- WWE Star Was ‘Late’ Addition To Recent Release List
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- WWE Star’s ‘Outside Commitments’ Causing Management To ‘Figure Things Out’
- AEW Star Sets Sights On Miley Cyrus For WrestleDream
- NXT Star Told He’s Not Ready For WWE Main Roster