This past weekend, Matt and Jeff Hardy took on the Young Bucks at AEW Double or Nothing in a match that lasted just shy of 20 minutes.
While the match was perfectly fine overall, and a number of spots were good fun, fans did note that Jeff Hardy in particular appeared to be struggling with his movement.
According to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Wrestling Observer Radio, Jeff was “beat up” before the match even started, with a lot of the damage coming in his recent match with Darby Allin.
“Jeff was a mess going into the match. From what I was told, it was really the Darby Allin match. He’s beat up.”
If you saw that match, you’ll have seen Jeff attempt a Swanton Bomb onto Darby, who was lying on the ring steps. Allin moved out of the way, leaving Jeff to land back first onto the steps.
Jeff has already been pulled from this week’s episode of AEW Dynamite, in which he was originally billed as being part of a big 10-man tag match.
Given Jeff’s career as a high-flyer, it’s hardly surprising he can’t move the way he once did, but the more matches we see where he is visibly struggling, there will be more fans calling for him to change his in-ring style for the good of his future.
Jeff isn’t dealing with a specific injury as far as we know, but there are several AEW stars who are, and you can keep track of all the injured AEW stars using our tracker.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Top Champion Names Drew McIntyre As Potential Title Challenger
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star