An update has emerged regarding reported plans for former AEW World Champion Jon Moxley to face NJPW star Hiroshi Tanahashi.
It was previously reported that Moxley would face a top NJPW talent at AEW All Out. On the August 25 episode of Dynamite, it was announced that former IWGP Heavyweight Champion Satoshi Kojima will be stepping through the forbidden door to face Moxley on September 5.
In the last month, a feud between Moxley and Tanahashi has been teased across both AEW and NJPW programming. According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, plans for Moxley against Tanahashi are still in place.
Meltzer noted that it was unlikely that Tanahashi could appear at All Out, as he’s defending the IWGP US Championship in Japan against Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Grand Slam on September 4.
Three weeks after Lance Archer defeated Moxley for the IWGP US Gold, Archer was defeated for the title by Hiroshi Tanahashi at NJPW Resurgence on August 14. Moxley was shown watching the title match, teasing an eventual match.
Via Wrestling Inc.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- Asuka Teases Mystery Partner For Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Corey Graves Puts WWE On Blast After Carmella Injury At House Show
- WWE To Sign AEW’s Konosuke Takeshita Soon?
- Scrapped Plans For Drew Gulak On August 5 SmackDown Revealed
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake