An update has emerged regarding reported plans for former AEW World Champion Jon Moxley to face NJPW star Hiroshi Tanahashi.
It was previously reported that Moxley would face a top NJPW talent at AEW All Out. On the August 25 episode of Dynamite, it was announced that former IWGP Heavyweight Champion Satoshi Kojima will be stepping through the forbidden door to face Moxley on September 5.
In the last month, a feud between Moxley and Tanahashi has been teased across both AEW and NJPW programming. According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, plans for Moxley against Tanahashi are still in place.
Meltzer noted that it was unlikely that Tanahashi could appear at All Out, as he’s defending the IWGP US Championship in Japan against Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Grand Slam on September 4.
Three weeks after Lance Archer defeated Moxley for the IWGP US Gold, Archer was defeated for the title by Hiroshi Tanahashi at NJPW Resurgence on August 14. Moxley was shown watching the title match, teasing an eventual match.
Via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed
- First Participants For 2023 WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match Revealed
- Two NXT Stars Reportedly Backstage At May 29 WWE Raw
- NXT Stars Debut On WWE Raw
- Spoiler For WWE Star Returning From Injury On Raw?